Friday, March 8, 2013

Year 2010: Black Swan




It is an open-book information that Black Swan is one of my favorite movies of all time. I have seen this film at least around fifty times and I still get the same feeling from the first time I have watched it. Except science fiction, all the elements I look for in a motion picture was present in this film. It is psychologically puzzling, dramatic, artistic and suspenseful. I love movies with so many different layers that it forces us not to settle on what we see but to read between the lines those every little details in each scenes. Natalie Portman is flawless. In real life we have a constant image of her pretty face as being sweet and innocent, but once she transformed into the titular character we were in trance with her fierceness and her believable plunged into darkness - it is both sexy, soulful and commanding. And those memorable lines, the first one by Vincent Cassel and the other by Nina (Portman) after she plummeted into her death. Right there and then I felt what it means to be perfect.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...