Friday, March 22, 2013

Playlist: I Can't Make You Love Me / Everblue

There are so many songs I have been listening to for the past few months, I feel sorry for not being able to put them on a playlist the way I used to like last year. Most of the song I've been listening to are in Japanese by the way since I've been enjoying a lot of Nippon Rock, mostly from artists such as Suneohair, Nothing's Carved in Stone, nano.Ripe, Tommy Heavenly6, 99RadioService, and etc, the list would go on and on. There are two songs that has been reverberating on my player since last week - they've been helping me keep in line with my hopeless emotions. Both songs are melodically emotive and the lyrics are just meaty, it's no wonder it's easy to find some solace in them.

For your listening pleasure, please press the button to play.


I Can't Make You Love Me
Bonnie Raitt
Bonnie Raitt - Luck of the Draw
After episode 21 of Robotics;Notes I started listening to this song non-stop. I'm always the emotional type so I easily get affected from stories of unrequited love. The lead characters in that anime confessed their love for each other and kissed, but I wonder, how about Frau Kojiro? It's always the same story, weird girl's never gets the cool guy, but weird guy's gets the hot girl's. Maybe it's just my own experience being reflected here blatantly. But no matter, this so is very therapeutic. I could listen to versions by Bon Iver, Adele and piano instrumentals from YouTube and yet, the same feeling remains. 




Everblue
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore - Amanda Leigh
In my iPad I have Everblue played before '"I Can't Make You Love Me" and it gives me continuity on a story that I've been struggling to write. This is probably my third favorite song from her album 'Amanda Leigh' but I think it all changed after I learned what the song was about and for whom she had written it to. In my opinion, it's about a person who is contented being miserable in his/her own little world. Every time happiness comes along he/she views that feeling as a burden rather than an opportunity to be loved or to be cared for. This song tells that person that there is nothing wrong about that and he/she should accept that love being given to him/her. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...