Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sensory Overload: Anime Fall 2013

I know it's cliche but I'll say it once again. So many anime's, so little time. In terms of quantity, this year's last quarter has sure surpassed all the other season for 2013. I have to scrutinized, dropped those anime's that failed to piqued my interest in order to narrow down my list. Without further ado, here is my ranking for the Fall season's new show based solely on first episode. 


1. Kyoukai no Kanata (Kyoto Animation)
Cute characters doing action packed sequences, what's not to like. After my distraught for Free! last season I'm glad KyoAni is back in their form, better and more fun. I love magic!


2. Kyousogiga (Toei Animation)
This is the anime sister of Alice in Wonderland, but crazier and much weirder. Put Kyoto in the picture and we'll have one hell of a festival. 


3. Nagi no Asukara (P.A. Works)
I'll be expecting tons of tears and drama along the way. P.A. Works as usual delivers an animation, character design and visual landscapes that makes them completely a class of their own. 


4. Kakumeiki Valvrave (Sunrise)
This flamboyant show continuous its winning streak after its three month hiatus. Not essentially the most original, regardless, it contains the best one-liners and punchlines ever on TV. Its ability not to take itself seriously, even at times of distress, would give you the kick. Valvrave you are the animal! 


5. Non Non Biyori (Silver Link)
I have a certain fascination for rural Japan and what a way to get my own fill by watching these cute country girls living a country life. 


6. Galilei Donna (A-1 Pictures)
The first episode has introduced our main characters, but the main premise is still on the way to be discovered. A-1 is doing a pretty good job this year and I'm certain this one won't be a letdown. 


7. Samurai Flamenco (Manglobe)
Along with all the crazy themes of this season's line up of shows Samurai Flamenco is sure up there to pump up the volume. 


And the other half of this list (from number 8 to 14):



Visit their websites:
Golden Time (J.C. Staff) 
White Album 2 (Satelight)
Yowamushi Pedal (TMS Entertainment)
Gingitsune (Diomedea)
Coppelion (Studio GoHands)
Kill la Kill (Trigger)
Tokyo Ravens (Studio 8-bit)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...