Monday, April 7, 2014

Top 10 Films For 2013

(First published on 05 March 2014)

As usual, this post is long overdue. It took me long enough to accomplish this, so blame it on the screening availability -- and I think I'm still undone the way I see it, considering that my hunt for Miyazaki's final film, Kaze Tachinu, is yet to be satiated. 2013 has been such a good year for cinema; so many movies to see and yet so little time. There are so many absolutely excellent films to enjoy, to the extent that I have to do a tie just so I could squeeze all of them in the top 10, because not doing so would be an injustice to these movies. In spite of the predictable disappointments and failures on the side coming from the mainstream section and posers of indie films, I think the bulk of good movies were able to counter that distasteful minor detail. 

Another year has surely gone by, but 2014 looks like it's going to present something new, brave and unexpected, especially from some of the major film festivals rounding up in the few coming months. Evidently, Berlinale just did gave us a taste of a shocker, with Von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac', which is already a part of my must-see, but that's a whole new other post to do. Meanwhile, here are my top 10 movies for 2013 -- as subjective as it comes, these are personal picks, so no harm, no foul if your favorite happens to rank lower or appears to be nowhere on this list. 

Until then!


Here is my top 10 movies for 2012, just in case you have missed it. Thanks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...