Friday, May 18, 2012

Auteur: David Fincher




“Before Fincher, everything seems like a pastel colored dream. Before Fincher, procedural investigations on movie and television do not exist. Before Fincher, techie infused rock orientated music scores were out of the question. Before Fincher, Brad Pitt’s filmography is all about him looking pretty. Before Fincher, Andrew Kevin Walker is just an employee fromTower Records. Before Fincher, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk is just a story printed on paper. Before Fincher, I have no interest in cinematography. Before Fincher, my movie taste is nothing but trite, confine and dull. Se7en and Fight Club reinforced my interest towards a broader cinema. I owe David my boarding pass, so I thank him very much.” (18 May 2012)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...