Sunday, January 8, 2012

Culinary Journal: Spaghetti alla carbonara


I have just successfully cooked my first Spaghetti alla carbonara. I thought it was going to be difficult, but hey, the recipe is surprisingly trouble-free and simple – anyone can cook Spaghetti alla carbonara – even if you are not a professional cook by trade. In fact, I find the Italian recipe to be more satisfying than the modified Filipino version. I have this recipe book on Spaghetti that I've just bought on New Year’s Day from Shopwise and it is – rad!  I did the recipe on a whim, so it was far from perfect. And since I've said it’s only done on a spur-of-the-moment I have improvised (replaced some of the ingredients). To be specific, it required a heavy double cream, which then, I substituted, with an all-purpose cream. I have to make do with canola oil and cheddar cheese, which I used instead of an extra virgin Olive oil and Parmesan cheese because I have none in stock. Voila! My ingredients are complete. I have used the newly bought cooking pan for this, which adds up to the excitement. Overall, the experience is a success. Though I do not share the same taste buds as everyone, ( since I’m known to liking food that are Italian – I try to stick on the original base, which means my Pastas are usually not sweet and I put herbs on them) but, in my humble opinion, my Spaghetti alla carbonara is a winner. One down thirty-eight to go!

<5th January 2012>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...