Friday, April 5, 2013

First Look: Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge


Year: 2013 | Directed by Yūji Yamaguchi | Written by (Manga & Anime) Tatsuhiko Hikagi |
| Studio: Studio Gokumi |


According to the quote by the great Dr. Seuss, “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

That's exactly how I feel about the chemistry between the two lead protagonist of Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge - Kiri Haimura and Iwai Mushanokōji. Both of them have their own weirdness. Kiri, looks normal on the surface but he is obsessed with cutting people's hair. Iwai, on the other hand, cannot cut her hair because of a cursed. You can see the frustration on their ends, but it is downright obvious that their weirdness is the common ground that bonds them together.

I was first hesistant to include this anime on my to-watch list, however, there are titles that usually flies off my radar that turns out rather pleasing. So before I could drop it completely I've decided to give it a go - and I am glad for doing so. I was surprised that the mystery aspect of the anime was able to create enough tension letting us wonder if we are watching a story about fantasy or murder. I could see both elements working smoothly because everything I've seen so far in one word is "weird" and yet there is a touch of cuteness that assures us it won't be threading into something  uncomfortable in the future. I've always liked love stories about weird people, their pure innocence and caring is very warming to watch and their extraordinary character's always jumps out of the screen.

The first episode is indeed promising and I really liked it. I hope they can keep this up as the series progresses because I would be watching from now on.

xoxo, Chin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...