Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Birthday!


For the past year, I have learned a few things about courage, taking risks and success, not from the context of my hard bound books, not from my favorite films, but through my mother and aunt whose life is the embodiment of those things. Both of them championed the art of hard work and showed us what it takes to become a real life Gabriela Silang. No kidding.

My mother and aunt did not have a very frivolous life back in their youth , they were impoverished, they had no college education, they married early and had their offspring in their early twenties and yet they had manage to forged a successful career for themselves. (Shame on me to think I have something to prove). They never waver to share their blessings to their families in need without expecting anything in return. Although they talk very loudly and are often misunderstood because of their hot temper, I know they only mean well, specially when it comes to our welfare. They were shaped by time. They become the person that they are today because they refused to give up or give in to every trials that they encounter along the way. For better or worse, my mother is the voice inside my head pushing me to do better.

I would always be proud to have them both in my life. They were never perfect, but I love them...and that's what makes them perfect.

For the two most hardworking people I know, happy birthday mommy and auntie Baby!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...