Sunday, February 19, 2012

Film Roundup - Feb 2012: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Directed by David Fincher


Rating = B


Review:
Good, but not necessary. This American, David Fincher directed adaptation is inferior to the Swedish version, in spite of all its marketing hullaballoo and Rooney Mara’s makeover. This movie is tad too long that my eyes drooped in some scenes I find unnecessary.  And because it was too dragging the suspense part lack the power to shock me. However, acting kudos goes to Daniel Craig and Christopher Plummer for not putting on a fake Swedish accent. My apologies for the fans of this version, but Noomi Rapace kicked Rooney Mara’s ass. In entirety, this movie just didn’t work for me, but I will be looking forward to their reworking of ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest’ because I was jaded with the Swedish version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...